Photo (cc) by Game of EPL5 & LUMIX G20/F1.7
Finding gift ideas for the graduates in your life isn’t the hard part, since they need just about everything — pots and pans, thumb drives, transit passes, cash and you name it. The trick is finding something that both delights your grad and fits your budget.
We’ve got you covered. This guide compiles the gift ideas from Money Talks News and around the web. Most of these gifts cost $100 or less. Plenty are less than $50, and some can be assembled or given for little to no cost at all.
Books and magazines, music, entertainment and gourmet foods are a few of the many possible subscription gifts that can delight a grad month after month.
- Netflix: Starting at $8 a month
- Season tickets: For the local symphony, museum, theater or sports team
- Kindle Unlimited: For $9.99 a month, as many books as you can read from 1 million+ titles
- Good magazine: Inspired reading for “global citizens” and “doers” is $40 for four quarterly issues
- Audible: $15 a month for access to one recorded book per month
- Amazon Prime: $100 a year covers two-day shipping of purchases and free streaming of designated movies, TV and music
- Wired magazine: $20 a year, $30 for two years
- Gift-box subscriptions. Regular deliveries of craft kits, coffee, gourmet foods, dog toys and treats, beauty products, craft beer and more