Staying in a five-star hotel seems like a traveler’s dream. But given the cost, it may as well be a fantasy for many of us.
However, if you choose wisely, you can get the five-star experience without the bank-busting price tag. In fact, the Top Dollar website has found 10 top-tier hotels around the world that charge less than $40 per night.
Top Dollar says these hotels all meet the “five-star” criteria, which includes perks such as:
- Hotel staff that personally greet you
- Luxurious accommodations
- Facilities that meet your every need
The cheapest entry on the list is the Novotel Ahmedabad Hotel in Ahmedabad, India. This luxury hotel charges just $28 a night. It’s located close to the airport and industrial hubs and offers Japanese and Korean cuisine, as well as an open-air pool.
Following close behind is the Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo MGallery Collection in Surakarta, Indonesia. It is on the island of Java and is located near the Mangkunegaran Palace and 19th-century Radya Pustaka Museum. Stay here, and you get a semi-outdoor swimming pool, spa and luxurious Javanese decor, according to Travel & Leisure.
Including these properties, the following 10 hotels all provide a five-star experience at a budget price, according to Top Dollar:
- Novotel Ahmedabad Hotel in Ahmedabad, India: $28
- The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo MGallery Collection in Surakarta, Indonesia: $30
- Grand Mercure Maha Cipta Medan Angkasa in Medan, Indonesia: $32
- Hotel İçkale Ankara in Ankara, Turkey: $32
- The Raweekanlaya in Bangkok, Thailand: $32
- Sürmeli Adana Hotel in Adana, Turkey: $36
- Pullman Bali Legian Beach in Legian, Indonesia: $37
- Grand Venus La Residence in Siem Reap, Cambodia: $39
- Grand Elysee La Residence in Siem Reap, Cambodia: $39
- Angkor Aurora in Siem Reap, Cambodia: $39
There are no hotels in America that qualify for the less-than-$40 bargain rate. The cheapest five-star hotel in North America is Hotel 1970 Posada Guadalajara by Hilton in Guadalajara, Mexico, which starts at $79 a night.
The cheapest in the U.S. specifically is Adero Scottsdale in Arizona, which is part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection. It costs $224 per night, according to Top Dollar.
Looking for great travel bargains? Stop by the Solutions Center and look for deals from Money Talks News partner ShermansTravel. You can search by criteria such as deals, destinations or interests.