This post comes from partner site WhistleOut.com.
It’s natural to think you need to choose a cellphone plan from among the big four carriers — AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile. Those brands dominate advertising and promise the best network, the fastest speeds and huge savings. What they don’t tell you, however, is that there are a number of smaller carriers that operate on the same networks, but offer plans at a fraction of the cost.
Be sure you check out what these budget carriers (also called MVNOs) are offering before you sign up for a new cellphone plan. It’s a simple move that can save you a bundle. Here’s a look at some of those options.
Budget plans with unlimited data
Never mind paying $60 to almost $100 per month for unlimited data. There are plenty of carriers that offer unlimited data, talk and text for around $45 or $50 per month. Simple Mobile has a great plan that costs just $45 per month when you sign up for its Auto ReUp. It’s great because you can use it while you’re in Mexico at no extra cost, and it uses T-Mobile’s network, which has awesome coverage and data speeds.
Other carriers to look out for include:
- Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile network)
- Straight Talk (all networks)
- Metro by T-Mobile (T-Mobile network): Plans include mobile hotspot
Plans with up to 10GB of data
If you don’t need unlimited data, then check out these smaller carriers. You can pay around $30 per month for a decent amount of data.
- Mint Mobile: Great pricing for new customers and uses the T-Mobile network.
- Twigby: Lets you customize your own plan so you only pay for what you need. Uses both Verizon and Sprint networks, so you know you’ll be getting great coverage.
- Tello: Also offers “build your own” plans with calls to Canada and Mexico included.
Plans for $15 a month or less
If you’re looking for a truly budget-friendly plan, then check out these plans for $15 per month or less. You’re not going to get a lot of data, but if you utilize Wi-Fi or you just don’t need much data, these plans are too good to pass up.
Lesser-known carriers like Gen Mobile and Unreal Mobile offer plans for just $10 per month and even offer money-back guarantees if you’re unhappy with the service.
More from WhistleOut:
- “The Best Times to Save on a New Cellphone”
- “Save on the Best TV Shows With These Cellphone Plans”
- “Connect Your Family With the Best Cellphone Service Deal”
Earn more interest on your savings
Are you earning as much interest on your savings as you could be? Grow your savings faster with banks offering rates that are significantly higher than the national average. Find the best rates and start earning more interest on your savings by using the Money Talks News savings account and CD comparison tool.