New York City is the best place to celebrate Halloween, according to research released today by WalletHub.
But trick-or-treaters and partiers can find almost as much of a good time this weekend in states like New Jersey, Arizona, Texas and California. Each of these states is home to at least two of the top 15 cities for celebrating Halloween based on WalletHub’s ranking.
The website analyzed the 100 most populous cities in the country and ranked them according to 16 metrics. Some of the factors considered in these metrics include:
- Safety and surroundings, including crime rate (used as a measure of neighborhood security) and percentage of the population under age 15 (as a measure of potential trick-or-treaters), for example.
- Parties and activities, including the number of Halloween costume stores, candy stores, movie theaters and bars per 100,000 residents; and the price of party and movie tickets.
- Weather, including the chance of precipitation forecast for Halloween and how the temperature forecast for Halloween compares with the average normal temperature for this time of year.
Based on WalletHub’s analysis, the top 15 cities for Halloween 2015 are:
- New York City
- Jersey City, New Jersey
- Newark, New Jersey
- Gilbert, Arizona
- Laredo, Texas
- Irving, Texas
- Santa Ana, California
- Garland, Texas
- Chandler, Arizona
- Plano, Texas
- Bakersfield, California
- Irvine, California
- St. Paul, Minnesota
For all 100 cities, check out the link above.
For more Halloween tips and tricks, check out:
- “7 Ways to Celebrate Halloween on a Budget”
- “11 Dos and Don’ts to Keep Halloween Horrors at Bay”
- Halloween steals on our deals page
Where and how do you plan to celebrate Halloween this year? Let us know in our Forums. It’s the place where you can speak your mind, explore topics in-depth, and post questions and get answers.