If you’re still looking for a great gift for Father’s Day, don’t despair. You don’t need to rush out and purchase something boring – like the traditional tie or socks.
We’ve got you covered with a handful of fun subscription-based gift ideas that won’t break the bank and keep on giving all year.
- For the ale-loving papa: With beer club subscriptions starting at $27.95 per month (plus $15 shipping and handling), the Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club offers expertly selected, hand-crafted beers that are sure to quench a dad’s thirst. Of course, if wine is more your dad’s style, you could get him a subscription to a wine-of-the-month club instead.
- For the guy who hates to shop: If your dad is anything like mine (or my husband), he hates to shop, but he still wants to look good. Help your dad out by putting some money on a gift card that he can use at Trunk Club, a website that helps guys discover great clothes without having to set foot in a store or spend hours perusing online retailers. Trunk Club pairs men electronically with a personal stylist who does all the work to find them clothes that fit their style, budget and existing wardrobe. The clothes are shipped directly to the recipient, who has 10 days to pick and choose what to keep and return the rest. Shipping is free both ways.
- For the dad who loves to fish: For as low as $13.75 per month, the Mystery Tackle Box is a monthly subscription service that sends Dad a box full of baits that are trusted by the pros. As customer Juan Carlos says on the Mystery Tackle Box website: “You don’t always get what you like and are accustomed to using, but that’s not a bad thing.” Each box contains a minimum of $20 worth of products, the website says.
- For the dedicated carnivore: Mouth.com offers three- or six-month jerky subscriptions, because really, who doesn’t love jerky? The three-month subscription is $50 per month, which includes shipping. The six-month subscription runs $45 per month. Here’s what Dad will get: three to four packages of beef jerky, plus a package of something unique, like turkey, salmon or ostrich jerky, will arrive in the mail each month. This is an example of one month’s package: chipotle adobo filet mignon, grass-fed beef rubbed with Bronx Brewery’s Pale Ale, teriyaki marinated top round beef, and exceptional smoky-spicy turkey breast. Yum!
- For the father who enjoys reading. If Dad loves to read, grab his favorite magazine off the newsstand and wrap it up as a gift for Sunday. In the meantime, fill out the magazine’s gift subscription form and order Dad a year’s worth of the reading he loves.
My kids and I are making homemade gifts for both my dad and my husband. I’ve also purchased a wine-of-the-month subscription for my hubby, though the beer of the month club sounds just as awesome.
What are you getting dad this Father’s Day? Share your comments below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.