Photo by Vladyslav Starozhylov / Shutterstock.com
Signing up for a store credit card can be a surefire way to save on last-minute gift shopping. Some sign-up bonuses shave 20 percent off your first purchase, for example.
And while store credit cards aren’t for everyone, they can also help you save money throughout the year, as GOBankingRates points out in a recent analysis:
Depending on your shopping habits, you could save big money and enjoy other lucrative benefits from a brand-specific credit card. From department store credit cards and clothing store credit cards to cards specific to your favorite electronics store, your loyalty can be rewarded with cash back, special financing, exclusive offers and more.
For its analysis, GOBankingRates identified the 10 best store credit cards based on four factors:
- Annual percentage rate (APR) for purchases
- Sign-up bonuses
- Rewards (such as points or cash back on purchases)
- Discounts for cardholders (such as a certain percentage off purchases or free shipping)
The website then ranked the top 10 cards based on APR:
- Nordstrom Credit Card: 11.15 to 23.15 percent for purchases
- Costco Anywhere Visa Card: 15.49 percent
- Target REDcard: 23.15 percent
- GapCard: 24.99 percent
- J. Crew Card: 25.24 percent
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Credit Card: 25.24 percent
- Macy’s Credit Card: 25.49 percent
- My Best Buy Credit Card: 25.49 percent
- Amazon Prime Store Card: 26.24 percent
- Lowe’s Consumer Credit Card: 26.99 percent
If you’re considering a store credit card, be sure to first check out “Should You Get a Store Credit Card? It’s Tempting.”
For more credit card options besides store cards, check out our “Finding the Perfect Plastic” page.
Do you have any store credit cards? Let us know why you chose them by leaving a comment below or over on our Facebook page.