Photographee.eu / Shutterstock.com
Perhaps you’ve heard about perks like free food and on-site massages available to Google employees.
What about benefits like post-mortem financial support for employees’ families? Or pay based on employees’ jobs rather than their prior salary in an effort to help close the gender gap?
These are a few of the advantages of working for Google, which ranks No. 1 on LinkedIn’s first list of Top Attractors:
In the arms race for perks, few can top Google. … The company obsesses about employee happiness, rigorously studying how to build the perfect team.
The Top Attractors list is a ranking of the large companies, defined as having more than 500 employees, that do “the best job at luring and keeping the working world,” according to LinkedIn.
The professional networking site describes the list as the first such ranking based entirely on actions of LinkedIn users. The site created the ranking by analyzing billions of actions by more than 433 million users, specifically:
- Job applications: Views and actual applications on job postings featured on LinkedIn.
- Engagement: Metrics include the number of nonemployees who attempt to view and connect with a company’s employees; views on a company’s career page; reach and engagement of content; and growth in followers over the past year.
- New hire staying power: How long a new employee stays with an organization after joining it.
In additional to offering perks that go well beyond standard benefits, companies earned a spot on the Top Attractors list by:
- Cutting bureaucracy and creating simpler organizational structures.
- Creating schedules and workplaces that offer ultimate flexibility.
The top 20 companies on the list are:
- Under Armour
What is your ultimate employee perk? Share your thoughts below or on Facebook.