A few cruise lines and ships dominate the superlatives in U.S. News & World Report’s latest annual rankings.
The publication compared the top 15 cruise lines across several categories to determine the best options for 2016.
The analysis is based on factors such as:
- Expert evaluations of ship quality
- Reputation among travelers
- Results from health assessments
- Price class
- Itinerary offerings
Royal Caribbean International was named the best line for the money. The company’s ship Allure of the Seas also took the top spots in U.S. News’ rankings of the most affordable ships and the best ships for groups.
Allure is the largest cruise ship in the world, U.S. News reports. Its amenities include a zip line that descends nine decks, the world’s first Starbucks at sea, and a floating version of Manhattan’s Central Park that includes 12,000 trees.
U.S. News travel editor Gwen Shearman states in a news release:
“Cruise lines are pioneering the on-board experience with new customizable amenities and expanded entertainment options, and travelers are reaping the benefits. The Best Cruise Lines rankings help travelers decipher which cruise lines and ships will meet their expectations and fit their vacation preferences.”
Best cruise lines
- For the money: Royal Caribbean International
- For romance: Crystal Cruises
- For families: Disney Cruise Line
- For luxury: Crystal Cruises
Best cruise ships
- Affordable: Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas
- Luxury: Silversea Cruises’ Silver Whisper
- For families: Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Dream
- For couples: Silversea Cruises’ Silver Whisper
- For singles: Silversea Cruises’ Silver Whisper
- For groups: Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas
Do you have a favorite cruise line or ship? We’d love to hear which and why — leave a comment below or on our Facebook page.