Predicting the future is a tricky endeavor, but if you’re going to succeed as an investor, it’s important to try. Because stock prices are nothing more than the present value of future earnings, and those earnings often hinge on the direction of the economy.
That’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about: reading the tea leaves to try to predict what will happen to stocks and housing in 2021. We recorded it one day after the insurrection at the Capitol and the Democratic takeover of the U.S. Senate.
Think stocks will continue to shine in 2021? Will rates rise? Will the housing market continue to march higher? Nobody knows, but we’re ready to take some educated guesses.
As usual, my co-host will be financial journalist Miranda Marquit.
Sit back, relax and listen to this week’s “Money!” podcast:
Not familiar with podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone or other device, or by listening online.
They’re totally free. They can be any length (ours are typically about a half-hour), feature any number of people and cover any topic you can possibly think of. You can listen at home, in the car, while jogging or, if you’re like me, when riding your bike.
If you haven’t listened to a podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe to ours. You’ll be glad you did!
Want more information? Here’s at what other financial experts have predicted for this year:
- Forbes: January 2021 Stock Market Outlook
- Kiplinger: Expect Above-Average Gains in 2021
- MarketWatch: 5 high-growth themes and the stock-market ETFs that can deliver big gains in 2021
- Forbes: The Best Stocks To Buy In 2021
- Kiplinger: The 21 Best Stocks to Buy for 2021
- Kiplinger: 21 Best Retirement Stocks for an Income-Rich 2021
- Motley Fool: 10 Top Stocks That Will Make You Richer in 2021
- JPMorgan: Will the U.S. Housing Market Boom Continue in 2021?
- Forbes: Experts Predict What The Housing Market Will Be Like In 2021
- Reuters: Global housing markets face tougher year in 2021
- Realtor.com: 2021 Economy: Overview and Forecast
- HousingWire.com: 2021 housing market forecast: It’s about politics, not economics
- Subscribe to the Money Talks News newsletter
- Take our The Only Retirement Guide You’ll Ever Need course
- Take our Money Made Simple course
I founded Money Talks News in 1991. I’m a CPA, and I have also earned licenses in stocks, commodities, options principal, mutual funds, life insurance, securities supervisor and real estate.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.