Your debit or credit card can be your key to visiting museums nationwide for free in every month of 2018.
This freebie is courtesy of Bank of America’s Museums on Us program, which is open to anyone with a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card.
If you’re not a BoA or Merrill Lynch cardholder, just skip over to “5 Ways to Visit Top Museums Across America for Free.”
If you are a BoA or Merrill Lynch cardholder, present your card and photo ID at any participating institution during the first full weekend of any month to get free admission.
This weekend is the first Museums on Us weekend of the new year. All 12 weekends of 2018 are:
- Jan. 6-7
- Feb. 3-4
- March 3-4
- April 7-8
- May 5-6
- June 2-3
- July 7-8
- Aug. 4-5
- Sept. 1-2
- Oct. 6-7
- Nov. 3-4
- Dec. 1-2
The Museums on Us program has been around for 20 years. More than 175 museums and cultural institutions now participate in it.
To find participating institutions near you, check out the participant map.
Other things to know about the Museums on Us program include:
- Each cardholder is eligible for one free admission. Their guests are ineligible.
- Cardholders are eligible for free general admission. Special exhibitions, ticketed shows and fundraising events are excluded.
- Bank of America suggests checking an institution’s hours before you go, as hours might vary.
For more tips on scoring free stuff, check out
- “How to Find Thousands of Freebies“
- “12 Ways to Get Valuable Things for Free“
- “43 Awesome Birthday Freebies and Discounts“
Have you ever taken advantage of this freebie? Let us know what you thought of it by commenting below or over on our Facebook page.