What do the September 11 Memorial, Fort Sumter National Monument and a home built by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright have in common?
They take the top three honors among the hottest tourist attractions in America this fall, according to the TripAdvisor’s Attractions Trend Index.
The index created by the travel planning and booking site ranks U.S. attractions that have seen the greatest increase in traveler interest over the past year. The latest ranking, released this week, is based on comparing TripAdvisor search traffic from Sept. 1 through Oct. 15, 2015, against traffic from the same period this year.
New York’s September 11 Memorial, for example, saw a 425 percent increase in TripAdvisor search traffic between those two six-week periods.
TripAdvisor spokesperson Brooke Ferencsik describes the index as revealing “introspective and inspirational sites that are gaining attention from travelers this fall.” He continues:
“For those looking for ideas for great things to do before the end of the season or looking ahead to time off during the holidays, these sites offer something appealing for all traveler types.”
The top 25 destinations on the latest ranking from the index are:
- September 11 Memorial, New York City
- Fort Sumter National Monument, Charleston, South Carolina
- Taliesin West, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Hana Highway, Road to Hana, Maui, Hawaii
- Coconut Grove, Miami
- Royal Street, New Orleans
- Quincy Market, Boston
- Portland Aerial Tram, Portland, Oregon
- Shoreline Sightseeing, Chicago
- LaZoom Comedy Tour, Asheville, North Carolina
- I-Drive 360, Orlando, Florida
- Wrigley Mansion, Phoenix
- The Grand Ole Opry, Nashville, Tennessee
- “Beach Blanket Babylon,” San Francisco
- Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey tour, Denver
- Gatlinburg Trail, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Arches National Park, Moab, Utah
- “Paranormal: The Mindreading Magic Show” by Frederic Da Silva, Las Vegas
- Hole in the Rock, Papago Park, Phoenix
- The Pearl District, Portland, Oregon
- Miami Design District, Miami
- Deep Ellum, Dallas
- Extranomical Tours, San Francisco
- The Island, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, Denver
If you plan to travel soon, be sure to first check out “14 Proven Ways to Save on Travel.”
Have you seen any of these 25 attractions? Let us know what you think below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.