Photo by Jeramey Lende / Shutterstock.com
If there’s one thing you can count on every Prime Day, it’s great deals on Amazon devices.
Amazon Prime Day 2017 — which kicks off at 6 p.m. PT Monday and runs through Tuesday — is no exception. During the 30-hour-long savings bonanza, some of Amazon’s best-selling electronics will be even cheaper than they were on Black Friday, according to an analysis by BestBlackFriday.com.
Three steals in particular stand out:
- The Amazon Echo smart speaker, normally $179.99, will be $89.99 — 50 percent off. This sale price is $50 less than it was on Black Friday 2016 and $40 less than it was on Prime Day 2016.
- The Fire 7 tablet computer, which normally starts at $49.99, will be available for $29.99 — 40 percent off. This sale price is $3.34 less than it was on both Black Friday 2016 and Prime Day 2016.
- The Kindle Paperwhite e-reader, which normally starts at $119.99, will be available for $89.99 — 25 percent off. This sale price is the same as it was on Prime Day 2016 but $10 less than it was on Black Friday 2016.
Amazon has been emphasizing the TV deals that will be available during Prime Day since it first announced the date of Prime Day 2017. The e-commerce giant even has a special webpage where shoppers can view all the Prime Day TV deals throughout the day.
Be sure to do your homework before taking advantage of any of the TV deals, though. BestBlackFriday.com found that at least a couple of them aren’t that great. You might be better off waiting until Black Friday.
Two examples that stand out:
- A 40-inch 1080p TCL TV will be $199.99 — which is $74.99 more than Black Friday 2016 and $60 more than Prime Day 2016.
- A 32-inch 720p TCL TV will be $99.99 — which is $30 more than Black Friday 2016 and the same as Prime Day 2016.
Pro tip: If you’re unsure whether the price of an item sold on Amazon is good, visit a handy site called CamelCamelCamel. It provides historical price data on products sold on Amazon. Simply copy and paste the Amazon webpage for a particular product into the search bar at the top of the CamelCamelCamel homepage.
To learn more about Prime Day, check out “4 Things Every Deal-Seeker Must Know Before Amazon Prime Day.”
What Prime Day deals do you plan to take advantage of — or avoid — this year? Let us know below or on Facebook.