A lunch date that sold for $3.4 million, a car that sold for well over $600,000 and a watch that went for $65,000 are among the most noteworthy pricey items on eBay this year, according to the e-commerce company.
After combing through its data, eBay recently released a list of what it describes as “some of the most interesting and expensive items” sold on its website in 2016.
GLIDE’s 17th Annual Power Lunch with Warren Buffett was auctioned off in June, and was by far the most expensive item on the list. CNN Money reported that the winning bid of $3,456,789 was made by an anonymous bidder.
All proceeds from the Buffett auction benefit the San Francisco-based nonprofit GLIDE. Its mission is “to create a radically inclusive, just and loving community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization.”
As Buffett said before the latest annual auction:
“I am proud to be part of something that has directly benefited so many people in need. GLIDE is a bridge for thousands of people on the brink of despair, helping them achieve dignity and opportunity by providing them with basic services. Their vital work has a direct and immediate impact.”
The top five most expensive items on eBay’s list are:
- Power Lunch with Warren Buffet: $3.45 million (sold in the eBay for Charity category)
- Lamborghini Aventador two-door convertible: $659,800 (eBay Motors)
- 2014 Kubota KX080 (excavator): $85,000 (eBay Business & Industrial)
- Patek Philippe Grand Complications Calatrava Pilot 5524G watch: $64,995 (eBay Watches)
- Tiffany & Co. platinum round diamond solitaire ring 3.09-carat I VS1 Clarity: $60,000 (eBay Jewelry)
For a list of all 15 items on eBay’s 2016 list, check out “The World’s Most Interesting Purchases” on the eBay news page.
What do you make of the prices paid for some of these items? Sound off below or over on our Facebook page.