If you take Dad out to eat this weekend or otherwise enjoy a meal out, you can return home with more than a doggie bag.
Several national restaurants are handing out freebies like custom sundaes and promotional cards with a meal purchase this weekend.
If you want to buy a gift card to give or use this weekend, however, choose the e-gift card option when ordering online because e-gift cards are delivered electronically. If you buy a traditional card online, it may not arrive before Father’s Day.
Or, ask your local restaurant if you can purchase traditional plastic gift cards there.
- BJ’s Restaurant: Get a free $10 bonus card with the purchase of $50 in e-gift cards by Sunday, June 19. The bonus card is valid June 20 through July 10. On Sunday, dads also get a free commemorative pint glass and free VIP card good for 20 percent off their next visit.
- Bonefish Grill: Get a free $10 bonus card for every $50 you spend on gift cards by Sunday. The bonus card is redeemable on your next visit by July 15.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: Get a free $10 bonus card for every $50 you spend on gift cards by Sunday. The bonus card is redeemable on your next visit by July 15.
- Denny’s: Get a free build-your-own sundae with the purchase of two entrees (and the coupon) Friday through Sunday.
- First Watch: Dads get a free small bag of premium coffee if they dine in on Sunday.
- Outback Steakhouse: Get a free $10 bonus card for every $50 you spend on gift cards by Sunday. The bonus card is redeemable on your next visit by July 15.
For more traditional and electronic gift card restaurants, check out Raise.com’s restaurant page. Cards were selling for as much as 50 percent off their face value as of this morning.
What’s your favorite way to save money at restaurants? Let us know below or on Facebook.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.