Whether your idea of de-stressing after doing taxes involves a free massage, a no-cost beer or a gratis cookie, you are in luck.
Those are among the freebies that will be handed out on or around tax day 2016, which this year falls on Monday, April 18.
In most cases, they’re true freebies, too — no strings attached, in the sense that no purchase or personal information is required.
Not all of these restaurants and retailers have locations in every state, though. To find out whether the following chains have a location near you, click on the retailer or restaurant name in bold.
Also, we suggest calling ahead to confirm a specific location is participating in an offer:
- Great American Cookies: Get a free original chocolate chip cookie at participating stores on Monday.
- Hot Dog on a Stick: Get a free Original Turkey Dog on a Stick at participating locations on Monday.
- HydroMassage: Get a free HydroMassage Monday through Friday, April 22. Note that you must book an appointment in advance and bring the coupon, and your massage might be limited to 10 minutes due to high demand.
- Noodles & Company: Get a free kids meal with the purchase of any regular entree at participating locations on Monday. Also, you can save $4 on orders of at least $10 that are placed online at order.noodles.com by using promo code TAXDAY, which is valid now through Monday (except in Missouri and on Long Island, New York).
- Office Depot/Office Max: Get free shredding for up to 5 pounds of paper through April 23 with the coupon.
- Tony Roma’s: Get a free signature red velvet cake dessert at participating locations today, April 15. There are two ways to claim this freebie. Members of the restaurant chain’s email club should have received a coupon by email, and anyone else who eats at a Tony Roma’s today will receive a coupon valid for their next visit.
- World of Beer: Get a free select draught or $5 off your check on Monday at participating locations.
Do you know of other deals related to tax day? Let us know in our Forums. It’s a place where you can swap questions and answers on money-related matters, life hacks and ingenious ways to save.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.