Labor Day sales tend to be the best holiday weekend sales of the year, but some deals are better than others.
This year, the best buys include clothing, appliances and mattresses, according to the experts at DealNews. So, we’ve rounded up some of the best deals on these items this holiday weekend.
Don’t stop at sale prices, though. You can pretty much always boost your savings by going through a cash-back website. Rakuten.com, for example, is offering triple cash back on purchases from many stores over the long weekend.
For even more ways to save right now, check out “9 Things That Are Free in September.”
- Amazon: Fashion of all kinds — including Amazon brands and brand names — is on sale during The Big Labor Day Sale, which features discounts of up to 50%.
- Hanes: Underwear is up to 60% off — plus an extra 15% off — while T-shirts, polos, sweats and women’s sleepwear are up to 50% off. Socks are up to 25% off. Even face masks are on sale, up to 30% off; they include Hanes’ wicking cotton masks and stretch-to-fit masks.
- J.C. Penney: Seemingly everything is on sale at this struggling retailer, and that certainly includes clothing for the whole family. Plus, J.C. Penney is offering a coupon worth an additional 25% or 30% off select clothing, shoes, accessories and even fine jewelry (as well as home items), depending on whether you purchase totals less than $75 or $75 or more.
- Kohl’s: Denim is 40% to 50% off during the retailer’s biggest jeans sale. Additionally, Kohl’s is offering a Labor Day coupon worth an extra $10 off a $25 purchase (although it can’t be used on select brands, which include Levi’s). Plus, you will earn $5 in Kohl’s Cash for every $25 you spend over the holiday weekend.
- Macy’s: Select clothing items and shoes for the whole family as well as handbags are 25% to 60% off. There’s also a lingerie sale. Plus, if you shop online, you can save an extra 10% to 20% on many items — in the clothing department and beyond — by using promo code WKND.
- Target: Select clothing brands for the whole family as well as shoes are 20% off for members of the Target Circle loyalty program, which you can join for free.
- Home Depot: Certain refrigerators are up to 40% off while other types of appliances are up to 35%.
- Lowe’s: Certain microwaves are up to 40% off, and major appliances are up to 35% off.
- Sam’s Club: If you’re a member, check out the discounts on appliances here as well. We saw savings of as much as $1,400.
- Allswell: This mattress company owned by Walmart Inc. is offering 15% off its Luxe and Supreme mattresses, as well as 20% off adult bedding and bath and spa items.
- Beautyrest: Save up to $300 on mattresses.
- Big Lots: Save up to $300 on certain mattress sets.
- J.C. Penney: Mattresses are up to 60% off.
- Sam’s Club: Certain mattresses are up to $600 off.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.