You don’t have to care about the Super Bowl to score a deal on a Super Bowl weekend meal.
Numerous restaurants are offering discounts and even a couple of freebies to folks who eat in, carry out or order delivery or catering. These deals are tied to the big game on Sunday but don’t require you to be a fan.
So, whether you’re throwing a Super Bowl party or — like me — don’t even know what teams are playing in the game, you stand to land some serious savings on food this weekend.
Below are seven of the best restaurant offers. Most are available only on Sunday, but some you can take advantage of Friday or Saturday.
- Bertucci’s: This brick-oven pizza place is offering a “Game Day Deal” with pizza, wings and rolls in three sizes for carryout. The smallest size serves three to five people and costs $29.99. The largest, which also includes salad and meatballs, serves eight to 10 for $79.99. Note that you must place your order by phone, not online.
- BJ’s Restaurants: Save 20 percent on takeout and delivery orders now through Sunday. Use promo code BIGGAME. Note that delivery is only available at select locations.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: Get free delivery now through Sunday. Order through the Postmates app or Postmates.com and use promo code CHIPOTLEBOWL. Note that delivery is only available in certain cities, which are listed on Postmates’ website.
- Papa John’s: If you order $15 or more now through Sunday and use promo code SUPERBOWL52, you’ll qualify for 25 Papa Rewards bonus points. Then, starting on Monday, you can redeem the bonus points for a free pizza. You’ll have until Feb. 18 to do so.
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro: Save 15 percent on takeout and catering orders on Sunday. Use promo code BIGGAME.
- Pizza Hut: Check out “If This Happens During the Super Bowl, You Get Free Pizza” to find out what you must do before the game to be eligible for this restaurant’s freebie.
- Wienerschnitzel: Get 25 mini corn dogs for $5 on Sunday. You can buy up to four orders of 25 mini corn dogs at that price.
If you are hosting a party, check out Costco’s current membership deal. It’s a steal — and warehouse clubs are a great place to shop when you need to feed a hungry horde of football fanatics.
Are you taking advantage of any Super Bowl-related deals this weekend? Let us know which ones — comment below or over on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.