If you buy a new Costco membership right now, the beloved warehouse club will toss in $45 in savings for free.
Perhaps it’s a bid to draw in members of the 63 shuttering Sam’s Club locations. But, whatever the reason, the bottom line is that this is a gem of an offer for anyone considering joining Costco.
It’s available to new members in the U.S., including Puerto Rico. That includes folks who have never joined Costco before, as well as shoppers with an old membership that has been expired for at least 18 months.
So, current Costco members can’t use this offer to renew their membership. They can, however, use “8 Ways to Squeeze the Most From Your Costco Membership.”
If you’re eligible for this promotion, just don’t think about it too long. It expires Feb. 18.
To redeem this offer, you must take two main steps:
- Buy a Costco Membership Activation Certificate, which will enable you to join Costco as a new Gold Star member. It costs $60 and is available from a special website for this offer.
- Activate your membership, which you must do by April 30 to land the discounts. To activate the membership, just bring the Costco Membership Activation Certificate you bought to the membership counter of your nearest Costco.
Now, $60 is the usual cost of a Gold Star membership, the cheapest membership that Costco offers to individuals. But by redeeming this offer, you will get the following for free:
- A $20 Costco gift card, technically known as a Costco Cash Card
- A promo code for $25 off an order over $250 on Costco.com
The Costco Cash Card will be mailed to you, two to six weeks after you join Costco.
The online promo code will be emailed to you after you purchase the certificate but cannot be used until you join. It also expires on April 30, so don’t delay in activating your membership.
Other fine print from the promotion webpage that you should note includes:
- Costco Membership Activation Certificates are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Limit one offer per household.
- New members are required to present valid government-issued photo identification before signing up for membership.
- To qualify for the Costco Cash Card & Costco.com coupon offer you must purchase through the specific page for this promotion.
- The merchandise total in your cart must equal $250 or more before tax and shipping to receive the $25 off. The coupon code must be entered in the promo code box at checkout to be valid.
- This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion.
A Costco spokesperson has confirmed for Money Talks News that the website for this promotion is in fact for a legitimate Costco offer. So, you don’t have to be concerned because it’s not on Costco’s own website.
What’s your take on this news? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.