Wednesday is March 14, which also can be written as 3/14 and thus is known to math geeks as Pi Day.
Pi is the name of a mathematical constant (you may have learned it as the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter) that is commonly rounded off to 3.14. But you don’t have to understand that to take advantage of Pi Day deals.
All you really need to know is that plenty of eateries recognize Pi Day by offering discounts on pies. They’re primarily for pizza pies, but also include pot pies and bakery pies.
Here are some of the biggest chains offering such discounts this year. Just be sure to call ahead to your nearest location to confirm it’s participating.
- Blaze Pizza: You can get one pizza for $3.14 on Wednesday. This offer is valid only for orders placed in restaurants rather than by phone or mobile app. Nonparticipating locations are listed on Blaze’s Pi Day webpage.
- Bojangles’: You can get three sweet potato pies for $3.14 on Wednesday. These are baked pastries filled with sweet potato puree.
- Boston Market: Get a free pot pie with the purchase of a pot pie and drink with coupon on Wednesday. The coupon is valid in restaurants and online.
- Cicis: Get one adult buffet for $3.14 with the purchase of one adult buffet with coupon on Wednesday. The coupon is valid only if you dine in.
- Domino’s Pizza: This isn’t expressly a Pi Day deal but overlaps with the “holiday”: Get a free pizza with the purchase of one pizza at the menu price now through March 18. This offer is valid only for carryout orders.
- Whole Foods Market: Save $3.14 on any large pie from the bakery or any large take-and-bake pizza on Wednesday.
- Your Pie: You can get one pizza for $3.14 on Wednesday. This offer is not valid for phone or online orders.
Do you plan to observe Pi Day? Let us know how in a comment below or over on our Facebook page.