There is little time left to waste.
If you’re curious about the deals Amazon will offer for Prime Day 2018 — which starts July 16 — now is the time to do your homework. To make it easy, we’ve rounded up all the information you need to be prepared for Prime Day:
1. You don’t have to pay for Prime to shop Prime Day
Access to Prime Day is reserved for Prime members, but that doesn’t mean you must pay for a membership.
You can sign up for the free 30-day trial instead — visit the Amazon Prime webpage and click on the orange “TRY PRIME” button. Just remember to cancel the membership before the trial ends if you don’t want to be charged.
2. You will have longer to shop this year: 36 hours
Prime Day is no longer a single day. Instead, it will last 36 hours this year.
So, mark your calendar for 3 p.m. ET July 16 — when Prime Day begins — instead of waiting until July 17 to start checking Amazon’s website for deals.
3. You don’t have to wait for Prime Day to find bargains
Every day leading up to Prime Day, Amazon is offering Prime members “all kinds of exclusive promotions and deals,” the retailer says.
Following are examples of Prime Day-related promotions that Prime members — or folks who take advantage of the free Prime trial — can snag right now:
- $100 off the Echo Show: This hands-free, voice-activated Alexa device has a screen. So, you can use it to make video calls; watch movies and TV shows; and view music lyrics, photos and weather forecasts.
- Discounts on home furnishings: Now through July 15, certain items from Amazon’s Rivet line for small spaces and Stone & Beam line for families are up to 25 percent off.
- Discounts on AmazonBasics: Now through July 15, certain items in this Amazon line are up to 20 percent off — “everything from bedding and bath sets to cookware and electronics accessories,” the retailer says.
- Deals on everyday essentials: Save 30 percent on certain items in Amazon’s Presto! line of cleaning supplies, Solimo line of household staples, Wickedly Prime line of groceries, Mama Bear line of baby products, and Amazon Elements line of vitamins, supplements and baby wipes.
- A deep discount on Amazon Music Unlimited: If you haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited, you can get four months for $0.99. This on-demand music-streaming service normally costs $7.99 per month for Prime members. Subscribing to Amazon Music Unlimited gives you on-demand access to tens of millions of songs. The service competes with the likes of Spotify.
- Free PC games: Twitch Prime is giving away a free PC game every day through July 18.
- About 67 percent off an Audible audiobook subscription: Eligible Prime members can get their first three months for $4.95 a month instead of $14.95 a month. If you are eligible for this discount, you will see it if you log into your Amazon account and visit the Audible page.
4. You can expect better-than-ever deals on Alexa devices
If you’ve considered buying one of Amazon’s Alexa-enabled smart devices, this Prime Day may be the time to act. Amazon has said it will offer “the biggest deals yet” on Alexa devices, including:
5. You should check out the Prime Day Launches
For the first time this year, Prime Day will feature Prime Day Launches. Amazon describes them as “exclusive new items, content and special-edition products” and says they will be available from hundreds of brands.
To scope them out, visit the “Prime Day Launches” webpage and scroll down.
6. You can expect more Spotlight Deals
Prime Day will feature 50 percent more Spotlight Deals worldwide this year. Amazon describes the deals as “featuring our deepest discounts on top brands and the most popular products.”
Visit the Spotlight Deals storefront to view these deals.
7. You will find Prime Day deals at Whole Foods Market
All Whole Foods Market stores in the U.S. will participate in Prime Day for the first time this year, offering deals to Prime members. For example:
- During Prime Day, you can save an extra 10 percent on hundreds of sale items and find “deep discounts” on certain popular products at Whole Foods, Amazon says. You will need the Whole Foods Market app for these savings, though.
- From July 14 through July 17, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa cardholders will earn 10 percent cash back on up to $400 in purchases from Whole Foods.
8. You can download the Amazon App for a sneak peak
Folks with the Amazon App — a free download available for Apple and Android devices — will be able to get a sneak peek of certain products that will be discounted for Prime Day. This sneak peak will be available starting July 9 by tapping on the Prime Day banner in the app.
What are you most looking forward to about this Prime Day? Let us know below or on Facebook.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.