Worker benefits go beyond paid vacation and health insurance these days. In an effort to compete for — and retain — the best employees, some companies are upping the ante on worker perks.
Job site Glassdoor recently identified a list of top 20 work benefits “that go beyond the basics and enter legendary status.”
According to Glassdoor, these are the top employee perks for 2017:
- Ikea: The Swedish furniture giant offers all employees who have been with the company for at least a year — including both full- and part-time workers — up to four months of paid parental leave.
- Reebok: In an effort to help its employees stay healthy and active, Reebok provides an on-site gym and CrossFit classes for its workers.
- Bain & Company: This global management consulting firm hosts a two-day, global “Bain World Cup” soccer tournament for its employees each year. Workers will hit the field in Los Angeles this year. Last year’s tournament was held in Brussels. With fun events like this, it’s no surprise that Bain & Company also earned top honors on Glassdoor’s list of the “Best Places to Work in 2017.”
- Goldman Sachs: Since 2008, the global finance company has provided coverage for gender reassignment surgery.
- Facebook: The social media giant not only provides health coverage for interns, it also gives them free housing.
- Scripps Health: Scripps cares about the health of its workers and their families — including the furry, four-legged kind. The health care company offers pet health insurance for cats and dogs.
- Starbucks: The Seattle-based company offers full tuition reimbursement for workers through Arizona State University’s online bachelor’s degree program.
- American Express: Amex offers a generous parental leave policy of up to five months of paid leave for both moms and dads. Parents are given access to a 24-hour lactation consultant, and mothers traveling for business can ship their breast milk home.
- Eventbrite: The company offers workers a monthly $60 wellness allowance that can be used on anything from juice cleanses to a gym membership.
What work perk would you most like to have? Sound off below or on Facebook.