Dads will have plenty of food freebies to choose from on Sunday, which is Father’s Day.
Some are freebies you get only if you purchase something else, but a couple are simply free. In addition, not all of these offers are limited to fathers.
As always, call ahead to confirm the eateries in your area are participating in these promotions.
The eateries offering free and discounted food and drinks this weekend include:
- Any bar or restaurant: The rebate app Ibotta is offering $5 cash back on any beer purchase at any bar or restaurant on Sunday. Just be sure to get an itemized receipt, which you must scan with your phone within seven days to claim the $5 rebate. The app — which is free — will walk you through the scanning process if you’re new to Ibotta. To learn more about it, check out “Earn $50 in Cash Bonuses This Month With Ibotta Mobile App.”
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: You get $50 in free bonus cards if you spend $50 on gift cards through Sunday. You must purchase the gift cards in a restaurant, and you can’t use the bonus card the same day.
- Hooters: You get 10 free boneless wings if you purchase any 10 wings on Sunday.
- PDQ: Dads get a free combo meal with the purchase of any meal, even just a kids meal.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: E-gift cards are 25 percent off through Sunday with promo code “DAD17.”
- Ruby Tuesday: You get a free $15 bonus card for every $50 you spend on gift cards through Sunday. You must buy the gift cards online. The bonus card is valid through July 25.
- TCBY: Dads get a “free treat” on Sunday. Ask your store for details, as they vary by location.
- World of Beer: Dads get a free select draught or $5 off something else on Sunday.
To further boost your savings, buy a discounted gift card from a marketplace like Cardpool.com or Raise.com before you leave home. To learn more about how they work, check out “How Unwanted Gift Cards Saved Me $300 Last Year.”
Which offers do you plan to take advantage of this weekend? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.