First T-Mobile announces it will give certain customers a free Netflix subscription. Now AT&T has announced that it will extend free HBO to more customers.
Earlier this year, AT&T Wireless started including HBO with its Unlimited Plus plans. Customers on those plans have been enjoying free HBO since April.
Now, customers on AT&T Unlimited Choice wireless plans also will enjoy this freebie. It starts Friday, Sept. 15, and is available to both current and new customers on Unlimited Choice plans.
Vince Torres, senior vice president for AT&T Entertainment Group, explains:
“HBO is included in these plans whether you have 1 line or even 10 lines, and the price stays the same. This means an AT&T Unlimited Choice customer can get unlimited data, talk, text and HBO included for $60 a month or on 4 lines for less than $40 per line.”
You can learn more about these plans on AT&T’s unlimited data plans webpage.
While on that page, note the fine print that explains a possible hitch to this freebie: “After 22GB of data usage on a line in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on that line during periods of network congestion.”
Torres notes three ways that AT&T Unlimited Choice and Unlimited Plus customers can enjoy HBO for free:
- If you currently subscribe to HBO through an AT&T video service — DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW or U-verse TV — HBO will now be included for no added charge.
- If you subscribe to an AT&T video service but not HBO, you’ll automatically receive unlimited access to HBO as part of your wireless plan.
- If you don’t subscribe to an AT&T video service, you can access your HBO entertainment through the DIRECTV NOW and HBO GO apps.
AT&T’s HBO offer and T-Mobile’s Netflix offer are just the latest ways you can score free entertainment. For other recent options, check out “4 Ways You Can Now Enjoy Movies and TV for Free (or Dirt Cheap).”
For more ways to save on entertainment, check out:
- “How to Avoid Paying for TV Channels That Should Be Free“
- “How to Cut the Cable TV Cord in 2017“
- “17 Places You Can (Legally) Download or Stream Free Movies and TV“
Have you taken advantage of offers like these from T-Mobile or AT&T? Let us know what you think about them by commenting below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.