Photo by Denys Prykhodov / Shutterstock.com
Move over, Amazon Prime Day: Best Buy is about to launch its own birthday sale that promises to rival Black Friday.
Announced on Thursday, it’s called the 50-Hour Anniversary Sale and will lead up to the 50th anniversary of Best Buy’s first store opening on Aug. 22, 1966.
The sale starts at 10 p.m. CT Thursday and runs through 11:59 p.m. CT Saturday.
It promises “50 Black Friday-like deals on the latest technology,” with “nearly all” of the deals available in stores and online — “while supplies last,” that is.
Nearly all of the deals will also come with free two-day shipping if bought online. Best Buy’s shipping policy provides for free two-day shipping on many orders of at least $35.
The deals that Best Buy identified in its announcement Thursday morning are:
- $150 off select MacBook Pro computers
- $300 off select MacBook Pro computers via Best Buy’s Student Deals program
- $400 off a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV
- $180 off Beats Studio wireless on-ear headphones
- iPhone 6s that starts at $1 or iPhone 6s Plus that starts at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (save $200)
- Free $200 gift card with purchase of an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
- Up to 70 percent off LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
- $50 off a Garmin vivosmart HR activity tracker
- Free “Destiny” video game and your choice of two other select games for free with the purchase of the PlayStation 4 “Call of Duty” bundle
- Free $50 gift card with the purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing scooter (online only)
What’s your take on this news? Will you check out the sale Thursday night? Share your thoughts below or on Facebook.