The first week of May is Teacher Appreciation Week, a time to save “thank you” to the hardworking educators that inspire, encourage and support children in the classroom and beyond.
Tuesday, May 3, is National Teacher Appreciation Day. In celebration of educators, these businesses are offering discounts, freebies and BOGO offers exclusively for teachers:
- World of Beer: After class is done and your students have gone home for the day, kick back and enjoy a free draught pint of either Sam Adams Nitro White or Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider at a World of Beer near you on Tuesday. Make sure you bring your teacher’s ID.
- Chipotle: Bring a valid teacher or faculty ID to Chipotle Mexican Grill on May 3 to score a buy one, get one free deal on their burritos, bowls, salads and tacos. The offer, which is valid from 3 p.m. until closing, isn’t exclusive to teachers. “Educators and staff at all levels, including preschool, elementary, middle/high school, university, and homeschooling parents who present valid identification recognizing them as staff or support,” can take advantage of the deal, according to Chipotle.
- PDQ: The fast casual restaurant chain is giving away free combo meals to teachers on May 3. Educators can choose from a free three-piece chicken tender meal, a salad combo meal or a sandwich combo. You need to present a valid teacher ID to quality. Click here for PDQ locations.
- Hertz: If you’re a member of the National Education Association, you can save up to 25 percent on a car rental at Hertz. Click here for details.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics: Teachers, home school educators and early childhood professionals can get 15 percent off all purchases year-round if they sign up for a Teacher Rewards Discount Card at JoAnn’s.
- New York & Co.: Teachers can score 30 percent off their online (use code 6223) or in-store purchase of $50 or more at New York & Co.
- Madewell: The clothing retailer offers a 15 percent discount year-round to teachers (and college students). You need to show a valid school ID at checkout to qualify. The offer is not good online. Click here to find a Madewell near you.
- J.Crew: As the parent company of Madewell, it’s really no surprise that J.Crew also offers educators (and college students) a 15 percent discount for shopping in person at its stores. Don’t forget your valid teacher/student ID.
- Anne Taylor Loft: If you sign up for the Loft Loves Teachers program, you can enjoy 15 percent off every Loft purchase. The retailer also shows its appreciation for educators by offering exclusive sweepstakes and teacher appreciation nights.
As a reminder, your teacher or faculty ID is required for most of the teacher appreciation deals.
Who was the most important teacher in your life? Share your experiences in comments below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.