Photo (cc) by Samdogs
Bad news: There’s no excuse not to send your loved ones a little love on Valentine’s Day.
Good news: You can craft a custom conversation-heart quip for 0 dollars and 1 minute with an online conversation-heart image generator, Pop Sugar reports.
For a more substantial gift, you can make custom conversation-heart candies for not much more money or time. Your favorite search engine will reveal any number of recipes, like those from Craftsy and Instructables.
For a twist on the classic candy, recipe variations include cookies, cheesecake and fudge. For those counting their calories, craft tutorials include balloons, bookends and soap.
- Cake pops via Sweet Simple Stuff
- S’mores pops via Love From the Oven
- Mini cakes via Martha Stewart or Annie’s Eats
- Cheesecake via Hungry Happenings
- Cookies via Martha Stewart
- Fudge via Foodista
- Marshmallows via A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
- Toast via Hungry Happenings
- Banner via Hello Little Home: This tutorial includes free printable conversation hearts, so little craftiness or time is required. The printables are available in Spanish too.
- Balloons via Two Zero One: The foundation of this tutorial is store-bought colored balloons.
- Embroidered coasters via Pretty Prudent
- Painted fabric napkins via Say Yes
- Painted clay jewelry dish via The Lolly Project
- Painted clay charms/pendants via Design Sponge
- Glycerin soap via Martha Stewart or Tuts Plus
- Needle-felt bookends via Creative Live
- Wreath via Crafts Unleashed or Carrie Elle
You’re not out of time to do a crafty, personal gift. Tell us what you have planned, or how it turned out, in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.
For some ways to save money on other inspired Valentine’s Day gifts, check out this video.