Walmart often touts its “always low prices,” but it turns out, its prices aren’t always the lowest available.
Kiplinger found 11 items that you can buy cheaper at other retailers. Some examples:
- Kids toys. If you want the cheapest prices on toys and games, you may want to check Amazon first. Kiplinger found that Amazon beat Walmart’s prices on several items, including Lego Sets, Monopoly and an Easy Bake Oven.
- Video games. “Amazon beat Walmart’s prices on all but one of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox 360 games we checked,” Kiplinger said.
- Blu-ray DVDs. Check Amazon and Best Buy before you purchase a Blu-ray DVD at Walmart. Chances are, you can beat Walmart’s price and save yourself some cash.
- Brand-name diapers. If you prefer brand-name diapers to store-brand diapers, skip Walmart and log on to Amazon. Diaper brands such as Pampers, Huggies and Luvs are cheaper on Amazon, even more so when you sign up for the free Amazon Mom program, like I did.
- Ground beef. Kiplinger said it was a dollar cheaper per pound at Aldi.
- Organic fruits and veggies. Aldi and Trader Joe’s often offer cheaper prices on organics than Walmart, Kiplinger says.
Kiplinger compared regular-priced items at Walmart against other retailers’ regular prices to compile its list.
Do you comparison shop for prices? Do you think Walmart has the lowest prices? Share your comments below or on our Facebook page.