If you’re worried about your job, join the club. As the nation goes into hibernation to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, the economy is expected to fall into recession — possibly taking millions of jobs with it.
Those who find themselves suddenly out of work might want to take a look FlexJobs’ new list of 25 fully remote companies that let all employees work away from the office 100% of the time — and that are hiring right now.
FlexJobs — a job board that posts openings for remote and other flexible positions — notes that the number of people working remotely jumped 159% between 2005 and 2017. So, plenty of companies are open to this type of arrangement.
The 25 employers that made FlexJobs list are:
- Acceleration Partners: Provides online marketing strategy and development solutions
- Aha!: Specializes in product and project management, roadmapping and strategy
- Articulate: Software developer
- Automattic: Company that aims to “democratize publishing”
- Axelerant: Software developer
- Clevertech: Offers services tied to product launches
- Collage.com: Provides products such as photo books and gifts, home decor and wall art
- Evolving Wisdom: Provides education opportunities
- GitLab: Offers a collaborative open-source platform
- Greenback Expat Tax Services: Accounting agency providing services to citizens living and working abroad
- inVision: Offers a design collaboration platform
- LoveToKnow Media: Digital media company
- MomsRising: Nonprofit, multicultural political organization that advocates for family economic security
- Plex: Software company
- ScrapingHub: Provides technology and consulting services
- Severalnines: Provider of database clusters solutions
- Simple [A]: Offers content management and content marketing services
- Showbiz Cheat Sheet: Provider of news and information
- Time Doctor: Provider of productivity and time-tracking monitoring software
- Toggl: Online time-tracking tool
- Toptal: Connects top freelancers with innovative startup companies
- Tri.be: Digital agency and lifestyle company
- Upworthy: Publisher of video, graphics and other content
- Working Solutions: Virtual workforce company
- X-Team: Software developer
To learn more about these companies and their current openings, check out FlexJobs’ blog post and click on a company name.
Finding a great work-from-home job
Remote jobs can be the perfect option for workers sick of their daily commute, or weary of dealing with office politics.
One way to find work-from-home position is to use FlexJobs. The subscription-based job board specializes in postings for part-time, remote, flexible-schedule and freelance positions.
As we have noted:
“While some of the jobs do follow regular business hours, many of them allow you to work remotely or telecommute at least some days each week. Others are part-time jobs with flexible schedules. Freelancers can also benefit if they’re looking for regular income streams.”
Find out more in “This Job Board Specializes in Remote Work and Flexible Gigs.”
Do you work from home? Share your experience in comments below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.