Photo by Rohappy / Shutterstock.com
This post comes from partner site WhistleOut.com.
So. You really want the latest and greatest new iPhone, but you really don’t want to pay that crazy price. Here’s a way around that.
Trade in your eligible device with Sprint, and get 50 percent off the lease price of the iPhone 8. For example, to get the iPhone 8 64GB ($699 retail price), your monthly payments would drop from $29 a month (the regular lease price) to $14.45 a month, which is a savings of more than $250. In addition, the $30 activation fee will be waived if you order online or call.
- Eligible trade-in devices include: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy 8+, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, moto Z2 Force, LG G6, LG V20, Google Pixel/Pixel XL
What you need to know:
- This deal requires a new line of service activation or eligible upgrade and an 18-month lease to qualify.
- There are taxes on any device you’re buying, and you’ll have to pay those up front, regardless.
- If you cancel your service, the remaining device balance will become due.
- At the end of your 18-month lease, you can:
- trade in your device and start another lease on a new device; or
- pay off the remaining balance, which is equivalent to six months of the device’s regular lease price; or
- keep making monthly payments at the regular lease price and own the device after six payments.
|Regular Lease Price (per month)||Lease Price With Trade-In (per month)||Upfront|
|iPhone 8 64GB ($699 retail price)||$29.17||$14.58||$0|
|iPhone 8 256GB ($849 retail price)||$29.17||$14.58||$150|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB ($799 retail price)||$33.34||$18.75||$0|
|iPhone 8 Plus 256GB ($949 retail price)||$33.34||$18.75||$150|
Applying this trade-in deal, here’s an estimate of what you would pay each month on Sprint’s Unlimited Freedom (unlimited data) plan, which costs $50 a month on autopay (promotion price, will increase to $60 a month after Oct. 31, 2018). This price does not include monthly taxes and surcharges.
Sprint: iPhone 8 deal + Unlimited Data Plan
|Lease Payment||Monthly Total (Including Plan)|
|iPhone 8 64GB||+ $14.58/mo||$64.58/mo|
|iPhone 8 256GB||+ $14.58/mo||$64.58/mo|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||+ $18.75/mo||$68.75/mo|
|iPhone 8 Plus 256GB||+ $18.75/mo||$68.75/mo|
More from WhistleOut.com:
- How Much Data Is Enough?
- How Much Data Netflix Actually Uses on Your Mobile
- How to Make Your Phone’s Fingerprint Reader More Reliable