Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of the most popular sandwiches and comfort foods in the United States. It’s really no surprise considering how deliciously gooey they are and how easy they are to make.
Well, as it turns out, April 12 is National Grilled Cheese Day (who knew, right?) Here are deals to help you celebrate the cheesy holiday:
- Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar: In addition to offering three cheese-inspired dishes this month, Arooga’s Grille House also plans to give away free cheese sandwiches to any customers who make a purchase at the restaurant on April 12. Click here to find an Arooga’s near you.
- The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen: If you live in San Francisco, you can celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day at this gourmet grilled cheese restaurant. The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen is handing out 300 free grilled Tillamook cheese sandwiches from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at its 1 South Park location. The eatery is also offering happy hour beer pricing all night and a chance to purchase the “Grilled Cheese Kitchen” cookbook and have it signed by the authors and restaurant owners, Chef Heidi Gibson and Nate Pollak.
- The Grilled Cheeserie: In honor of the cheese sandwich holiday, The Grilled Cheeserie food truck is holding a “Rally for Real American Cheese” at the Nashville Farmers’ Market from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., according to the Nashville Eater. Along with free grilled cheese sandwiches, you can also score a free scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Stephen Colbert-inspired AmeriCone Dream ice cream.
- Greenspan’s Grilled Cheese: If you buy one sandwich on April 12 from Greenspan’s Grilled Cheese in Los Angeles, you can score a second sandwich, free of charge.
- Batch Brewing Company: The Detroit brewery, in partnership with Arla, is offering customers who purchased a Feelgood Tap to enjoy a free Arla grilled cheese sammie on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. In addition to being able to score a free lunch (or dinner) there, Batch Brewing also agreed to donate $2 from each sale to the Michigan chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
What’s your favorite variation on the all-American grilled cheese sandwich? Share your comments below or on our Facebook page.