With the economy in recession and the nation still in the grips of the coronavirus pandemic, now’s the time to make sure your credit and credit score are in tip-top shape. Your financial security might depend on it.
Bad credit can lead to bad news: Your score can affect whether you get a credit card or loan, how much you pay for insurance and even whether you get a job.
While you may think there’s not much you can do to improve your credit, that’s not true. Since long before I wrote my first book more than 20 years ago, I’ve been helping people repair their credit.
My latest attempt is the following video. It offers five simple steps anyone can use to improve their credit and their credit score.
Don’t need to improve your credit? Then share this with someone who does.
The video is about 12 minutes long. So, sit back, relax, check it out and let me know what you think! And be sure to check out the additional resources below.
- Help with debt: Click here to explore reputable, nonprofit credit counselors.
- Budgeting assistance: Click here for our favorite budgeting app.
- Lower your monthly bills: Click here to find a bill negotiator.
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions: Click here for a service that optimizes your expenses.
- Credit card management: Click here for an app that helps you pay off credit cards faster.
- Pay-for-delete letter example: Click here, or simply search the web for “pay for delete letter.”
- Goodwill adjustment letter example: Click here, or simply search the web for “goodwill adjustment letter.”
- Get a free copy of your credit report: Click here to go to AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Listen to us: Click here to check out our weekly podcasts.
- Subscribe to Money Talks News: Click here to get great money advice delivered to your inbox daily.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Click here to watch all our videos.
- Follow us on Facebook: Click here to visit our page and give us a like. Thanks!
How to earn $30 in less than 30 seconds
Earn extra money by using Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) — a site that gets you cash back at more than 2,500 stores. As a bonus for joining Rakuten between now and Aug. 6, 2020, you'll earn $30 when you spend at least $30 shopping online through Rakuten within the first 90 days. Start earning cash back and claim a free $30 bonus today.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.