In this podcast episode we’re talking about how just about anyone can start investing, even with very little money.
When Stacy was an investment broker 40 years ago, putting money in the market was a colossal pain. You needed thousands of dollars to pick up the phone and talk to someone like him. You couldn’t just do it yourself.
Today, though, things have changed. A lot. Did you know you can start investing with as little as $5? And you don’t need anyone’s help. You can do it all online in minutes.
Remember, investing is important. Stocks and other risk assets are one of the best ways to build wealth over time. So today we’re going help you get started, whether you’ve got $5 or $5 million.
Host Stacy Johnson is joined by financial journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and sometimes contributing is producer Aaron Freeman. Today’s special guest is Marko Zlatic, founder of Whiteboard Finance.
Before you listen, remember: This isn’t financial advice. So make sure to do your own research and consult your own experts before acting on anything you learn on this podcast.
You can find it wherever you get your podcasts:
Investing is one of the best ways to build wealth
If you want to build wealth, you need to invest. We have lots of resources on investing in different types of assets, and ideas to help you get started.
- 5 Simple Tips to Make Money With Stocks
- Why Index Fund Investing Is Good for Your Retirement
- 7 of the Best Dividend Stocks to Help Fund Your Retirement
- The Investing Combo Linked to a Better Retirement Lifestyle
- Investing In Commercial Real Estate with CrowdStreet
- How to Choose Between Active and Passive Investing
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Investing in I Bonds
- 9 Tips for Sane and Successful Stock Investing
- 7 of the Best Ways to Invest That Don’t Involve Stocks
- Financial Wisdom: What Is the Best Investment?
Find the money to start investing
Sure, you can start investing with pocket change. And you should start as soon as you can. But if you’re trying to figure out where to find the money to invest more, we can help you with savings articles. Use the knowledge you gain to put more into your nest egg.
- 25 Tips for How to Save Money If Your Paycheck Is Stretched Thin
- 51 Fast Ways to Score $1,000 or More
- 7 Secret Ways to Put More Money in Your Pocket
- Frugal Living Guide: How to Have Less Stuff and Save Money
- 21 Products That Will Help You Save Money
- 11 Ways To Save Money on Food Without Using Coupons
- 10 Depression Era Hacks and Frugal Living Ideas To Save Money Now
- 11 Ways to Save Money Using Social Media
- 12 Ways to Save Money on Health Care
- How to Use Gift Cards to Save Money
- 10 Ways to Change Bad Spending Habits and Save Money
- How to Position Your Investment Portfolio for Tax Advantages
- 9 Side Hustles Where You Could Earn More Than Full-Time Work
- 10 Shockingly Simple Ways to Make More and Spend Less
Meet this week’s guest, Marko Zlatic
Marko has been investing since 2006.
In 2010, he earned his bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Akron. Marko has worked for multiple publicly traded companies in capital markets, risk analysis, and commercial real estate development.
In 2017, he started his YouTube channel, WhiteBoard Finance, which now has over 60 million views and 975,000+ subscribers.
His life’s mission is to teach financial literacy and enable people of all backgrounds to become financially independent.
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or riding your bicycle.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
About the hosts
Stacy Johnson founded Money Talks News in 1991. He’s a CPA, and he has also earned licenses in stocks, commodities, options principal, mutual funds, life insurance, securities supervisor and real estate.
Miranda Marquit, MBA, is a financial expert, writer and speaker. She’s been covering personal finance and investing topics for almost 20 years. When not writing and podcasting, she enjoys travel, reading and the outdoors.