The Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card from Chase offers generous rewards for frequent users of Amazon. Is it right for you?
- Triple points on Amazon purchases. Cardholders earn three points for every dollar spent on purchases at Amazon.com.
- Double points on gas, dining and drugstores. Cardholders earn two points for every dollar spent at gas stations, restaurants and drugstores.
- Earn points on every purchase. Cardholders also earn one point for each dollar spent on all other purchases outside of the aforementioned categories. There are no caps on the number of points that can be earned, and points never expire.
- $30 Amazon gift card. New cardholders receive a $30 Amazon gift card upon approval of their account.
- No annual fee. There’s no annual fee to use the card.
- No introductory 0 percent APR period. The card does not offer a 0 percent introductory APR period on purchases or balance transfers.
- Small initial bonus. A $30 gift card for signing up isn’t much if you compare it with other cards such as the Chase Freedom, which offers $200 cash back after cardholders spend just $500 in the first three months of having the card.
Get it if: You want a card with no annual fee that rewards Amazon purchases generously.
Forget it if: You want a bigger initial bonus, or want a more generous rewards program and don’t mind paying an annual fee.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.