Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The winter holidays are upon us, which almost certainly means we’re spending more — not just gift shopping, but buying more groceries to host guests, buying more gas to drive over the river and through the woods to Grandma’s, eating out and getting out on the town to celebrate. Take it all in and have a great time, but be sure you get in on easy savings for all the above with these cash-back cards that offer top-notch rewards.
Why we like this card: First off, with this card you score a whopping $300 cash bonus if you use it to spend $3,000 within the first three months. Think about it: That amounts to a discount of 10% on those purchases. On top of that, this card has a great cash-back rate for dining and entertainment. Here are some details:
- You’ll earn 4% cash back on dining and entertainment expenditures.
- Get 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.
- Now, this card also offers 8% cash back for purchases through Vivid Seats — a site selling tickets to hundreds of concerts, celebrity performances and pro sports (even rodeos … yahoo!).
- Pay no fees on foreign transactions.
- Pay no annual fee for the first year, $95 after that.
Here’s why we love it: Not only will you get cash back when you use this card to purchase anything from electronics to cocktails, but you’ll get a $150 cash bonus after making $500 worth of purchases within three months of opening this account.
Plus, this card gets top marks for price protection, allowing you to get a refund for the difference between what you paid on an item and a lower price advertised later. “In other words,” WalletHub explains, “credit card price protection can eliminate your fear of missing out on a better deal, allowing you to both buy with confidence and save money.” Yay!
- Earn a $150 bonus after spending $500 within three months of opening the account.
- Earn unlimited cash back: 3% on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on everything else.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees.
- Pay no annual fee.
Whatever you need in a credit card — balance transfer, low interest rate, travel rewards points, you name it — you can find it in our credit card search tool. Click here to explore.
Do you have a favorite card or card perk? Share with us in comments below or on our Facebook page.
Earn money when you shop — plus a free $10 bonus
Earn extra money by using Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) — a site where you can earn up to 40% cash back at more than 2,500 stores. As a bonus for joining Rakuten, you'll earn $10 when you spend at least $25 within the first 90 days. Start earning cash back and claim a free $10 bonus today.