Photo by DGLimages / Shutterstock.com
The months of summer sun are winding down and vacation is receding in the rearview mirror. But for many of us, it just means that we’ll be having our fun closer to home. With the change of seasons, consider these cash-back cards that offer top-notch rewards for eating out and other entertainment. Let the fun continue, and the savings begin!
Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Card
Why we like this card: First off, with this card you score a whopping $500 bonus if you use it to spend $3,000 within the first three months. Think about it: That amounts to a discount of more than 16 percent on those purchases. As noted, this card has a great cash-back rate for dining and entertainment. Here are some of the details:
- You’ll earn 4 percent cash back on dining and entertainment expenditures.
- Get 2 percent cash back at grocery stores and 1 percent on all other purchases.
- Cash back in all categories is unlimited and won’t expire for the life of the account.
- Pay no fees on foreign transactions.
- Pay no annual fee for the first year, $95 after that.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Card
Why we like it: Like the card above, this card offers a solid reward for early expenditures but in this case doesn’t require such a large outlay to capture it. You get a $150 cash bonus after using this card for just $500 of purchases in the first three months from opening the account. After that, the rewards for dining and entertainment accrue at a faster pace than we usually see. Here are some of the details:
- Get 3 percent cash back for dining and entertainment expenses, plus 2 percent at grocery stores, and 1 percent cash back on other purchases.
- Cash back earnings are unlimited and won’t expire for the life of the account.
- Pay zero percent introductory APR for 15 months.
- Pay no fee on foreign transactions.
- Pay no annual fee.
What are you looking for in a credit card? A low interest rate, airline or hotel rewards, gas rebates? Whatever it is, you can find a card that suits your lifestyle on our credit card search page. Check it out!
Do you have a favorite card or card perk? Share with us in comments below or on our Facebook page.