Almost everybody loves Girl Scout cookies. For many of us, the question is not if we will buy, but which flavors we should choose.
Consumer Reports wants to help us narrow the field. Recently, the publication took on the delectable task of deciding which Girl Scout cookies taste the best. Testers tried out every flavor, including a new variety — Raspberry Rally.
Before looking at the final rankings, note that CR says there may be variations in flavors — and cookie makers — from place to place:
“We ordered these cookies from a Girl Scout in eastern Pennsylvania, in a region where troops source their cookies from ABC Bakers. Other regions may use Little Brownie Bakers. If you’re familiar with, for example, Peanut Butter Patties, you’ve been eating cookies from ABC Bakers. Little Brownie Bakers makes an almost identical cookie called Tagalongs.”
With that caveat in mind, these are the Girl Scout cookies Consumer Reports likes best:
- Girl Scout Cookies Caramel deLites. This cookie was the Editor’s Choice pick, with CR recommending you buy at least two boxes.
- Girl Scout Cookies Adventurefuls. CR judges say these cookies “taste remarkably like Cocoa Puffs.”
- Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mints. CR says this cookie is “classic for a reason.”
- Girl Scout Cookies Toast Yay! One CR judge was “shocked when I took my first bite and discovered they really, truly taste like French toast.”
- Girl Scout Cookies Peanut Butter Patties. CR says this is the right cookie if you are “in the market for a balanced peanut butter and chocolate cookie that is neither overwhelmingly chocolatey nor overwhelmingly nutty.”
- Girl Scout Cookies Lemonades. CR says these cookies are “big and amenable to sharing.”
Other cookies did not fare quite as well in the rankings. They include:
- Girl Scout Cookies Trefoils. CR says these are “about as plain as it gets.”
- Girl Scout Cookies Peanut Butter Sandwich. CR says these would rank higher “if they didn’t taste like they’d been left out for a few hours too long on the kitchen counter.”
- Girl Scout Cookies Raspberry Rally. These cookies are available online-only, but CR says, “We’re here to tell you that there’s truly no need to try to buy these for an inflated price on eBay. They’re not worth it.”
- Girl Scout Cookies Caramel Chocolate Chip. CR wasn’t knocked out by this gluten-free option, saying: “It’s not like these are disgusting. Rather, they have a stale texture — kind of spongy — and aren’t caramel-y enough.”
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.