Money Talks News has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Money Talks News and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Are you heading into the coronavirus pandemic and a recession with credit card debt that costs you way too much? You are in good company, but you don’t have to stay there. One way to start bringing it back under control is to transfer expensive credit card debt to a card that offers an introductory period with a 0% interest rate.
Important: After transferring your balance to a new card, make a schedule of regular payments so you can eliminate the balance before the introductory period is over and the interest rate on the new card goes up (usually way up).
Here’s a great offer that can help you make this move.
Why it’s a great option: This card is a good combination of balance-transfer and other features. The 0% APR introductory period on balance transfers gives you a 15-month runway to pay off that old load of expensive debt. If that works for you, and you want to make this your daily-use credit card as well, you’ll get in on a solid cash-back program.
- Pay 0% interest on purchases made in the first 15 months.
- Earn a $150 bonus after spending an initial $500 within the first three months
- After that, earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- Cash-back rewards do not expire for the life of the account.
- Redeem cash-back rewards at any time, no minimum value required.
- No annual fee
Note: This card charges an initial balance-transfer fee of 3% or $5, whichever is greater.