Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | RadioPublic | Stitcher | RSS
I’m an efficiency freak.
For years, it’s been a game for me to spend as little time as possible on chores like unloading the dishwasher (hint: put the forks, knives and spoons in separate clusters in the silverware caddy), emptying the trash (hint: keep extra bags at the bottom of the trash can) and vacuuming the house (hint: ask for a Roomba for Christmas.)
Even if you don’t suffer from a similar compulsion, you should still try to be as efficient as possible when managing the family finances, for at least two reasons:
- Less time managing money means more time for fun stuff.
- Making things too complex or time-consuming often means leaving them undone, underdone or badly done.
In short, if you’d rather spend time lying on the beach than fooling with finances, I’m here for you. There are tons of shortcuts you can harness that will allow you to get 90% of the returns achieved by the investment-obsessed in 10% of the time and with 5% of the effort and knowledge.
Ready to gain free time without sacrificing returns? To replace confusion with confidence? Good, because that’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about. We’re going to explore how to invest with a minimum number of investments and in just a few minutes a year.
As usual, my co-host will be financial journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and sometimes contributing is producer and novice investor Aaron Freeman.
Sit back, relax and listen to this week’s “Money!” podcast:
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or, if you’re like me, riding your bicycle.
You can listen to our latest podcasts here or download them from any number of places, including Apple, Spotify, RadioPublic, Stitcher and RSS.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
Want more information? Check out these resources:
- 5 Simple Ways to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 7 Ways to Slay Your Fear of the Stock Market
- 9 Tips for Sane and Successful Stock Investing
- How to Get Started Investing With $500 or Less
- The Balance: How to Build the Best Lazy Portfolio
- The Street: The Low-Maintenance Portfolio
- Forbes: 3 Lazy Portfolios Ideal For Future Millionaires
- Investopedia: Can I Make Money With a Couch-Potato Portfolio?
- Money Talks News’ savings account search tool
- Subscribe to the Money Talks News newsletter
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You'll Ever Need
- Take our course Money Made Simple
- Miranda Marquit’s website
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.