Insure.com runs the numbers…
Mercedes-Benz drivers must have worked hard in the past year to increase insurance claims costs and thus their auto insurance rates. Mercedes models control half the list of the 20 “most expensive vehicles to insure” for 2013 models.
Here’s the top 10 from the list:
- Mercedes-Benz CL600: $3,357 a year on average
- Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG: $3,330
- Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG: $3,221
- Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG: $3,207
- Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG: $3,184
- Mercedes-Benz S600: $3,158
- Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG: $3,075
- Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG: $2,978
- Porsche 911 Turbo: $2,958
- Porsche 911 Turbo S: $2,925
You can compare the insurance costs of any model at the link. They also note the cheapest models, which have average rates at less than half of these. They include the 2013 Ford Edge SE, Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, Kia Sportage, and the Jeep Patriot Sport.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.