Photo by Evgeny Atamanenko / Shutterstock.com
Cash and gift cards may be the most universal gifts, but they’re also among the most impersonal.
For a sure-to-please gift that also is thoughtful and original, consider a subscription box.
It’s basically a box of products that center on a theme, mailed out on a recurring basis. Think of it as the modern-day evolution of gift-of-the-month clubs.
For example, say that you buy Dad six months’ worth of a gourmet jerky subscription box from Jerky Snob. He will receive a delivery of different gourmet jerky products each month for the next six months.
The best place to shop or window shop for a subscription box is Cratejoy.com.
It’s an online marketplace for subscription boxes — and the only such marketplace, according to Cratejoy. That basically means it’s a single website through which many subscription-box companies sell their wares — which is why you will find more than 1,500 subscription boxes on Cratejoy’s site.
In short, Cratejoy has something for everyone — even hard-to-shop-for dads.
Whatever seemingly strange hobby or obsession your gift recipient may have, there’s probably a subscription box that’s perfect for him. Just take a look at the many options in Cratejoy’s “Subscription Boxes for Men” section.
A few examples:
- Magnolia Record Club (boxes feature vinyl records)
- SCRIBEdelivery (pens, pencils, notebooks and stationery)
- Match Made Coffee (gourmet coffee and cookies)
- Southern Scholar Socks (dress socks)
- WiseStays (stainless steel collar stays engraved with motivational quotes)
- Freestone Fly Fishing Company (fishing flies and related items)
- Baseball Cards of the Month Club (baseball cards and card packs, including autographed cards)
- GolfGiftsPro (golf products like gloves, training aids, balls and tees)
Note that some subscription boxes are currently on sale — see the “Deals for Dad” section.
Once you find something you like, click the “Subscribe Now” or “Give as a Gift” button. You will be prompted to create a free account, or sign in using your Facebook or Google account, so you can proceed to checkout. There, you can choose from options like the length of the subscription.
For more gift ideas like this, check out “These 5 Subscriptions Make Perfect Gifts That Keep on Giving.” The article was written for the holiday season but the gift ideas work year-round.
Have you ever given or received a subscription box as a gift? Let us know what you thought by commenting below or over on our Facebook page.