Photo (cc) by Jaap Stronks
Good news for people wishing to quit their office job and switch to a work-from-home gig: Telecommuting jobs are on the rise.
That’s among the findings of FlexJobs’ third annual ranking of the top 100 companies offering remote jobs in the year ahead.
Telecommuting job listings on FlexJobs’ site increased by 36 percent last year compared with 2014. That’s up from an increase of 26 percent in 2014 compared with 2013.
FlexJobs is a job search site focused on telecommuting jobs as well as freelance, flexible and part-time jobs.
To identify the top 100 employers for remote jobs in 2016, FlexJobs analyzed more than 40,000 companies in its database. The 100 companies that made the cut posted the most telecommute-friendly jobs — meaning jobs that offer some level of telecommuting — during the 2015 calendar year.
These companies, having posted the most work-from-home jobs in 2015, are at the forefront of telecommuting and remote workforces. …
Job seekers, if you’re interested in finding a remote job this year, it’s a good bet that these will be some of the top companies with remote jobs in 2016.
The first 20 employers on the list are:
- Sutherland Global Services
- UnitedHealth Group
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Working Solutions
- Kelly Services
- Cactus Communications
- American Express
FlexJobs also identified the top career fields with remote jobs, which are:
- Computer and IT (examples of companies from the top-100 list that hire for these types of jobs are Dell, IBM and Apple)
- Medical and health (UnitedHealth Group, Aetna, Cigna)
- Sales (American Express, Appen, GE)
- Administrative (Kelly Services, Healthfirst, McKesson)
- Customer service (Sutherland Global Services, Amazon, LiveOps)
- Education and training (Connections Academy, K12, Kaplan)
- Marketing (About.com, ADP, HD Supply)
If you’re interested in telecommuting, start by reading “Find a Real Work-From-Home Job (and Sidestep Scams).”
Have you had any experiences with work-from-home gigs? Tell us how it worked out for you — leave a comment below or on Facebook.