Shopping at a warehouse club allows you get more groceries in fewer trips — a true virtue during a prolonged pandemic. Now, Sam’s Club is making it more tempting to sign up for a membership.
Purchase a one-year membership to Sam’s Club for $45, and you will get a free $45 Sam’s Club gift card. That essentially makes your membership free, minus any taxes you might owe.
This offer is valid until Jan. 31.
To take advantage of this offer, sign up for a one-year membership online. Within 72 hours, Sam’s Club will load what it calls an “Instant Savings” deal onto your new membership card. This deal is good for $45 off a $45 Sam’s Club gift card.
In other words, you basically get a free $45 gift card. Just mind the fine print:
- This offer is available only to new Sam’s Club members.
- You must join Sam’s Club online through the link that mentions this offer.
- You must redeem the $45 Instant Savings deal at a brick-and-mortar Sam’s Club location.
- The $45 Instant Savings deal is available only for 60 days after you activate your club membership. So be sure to redeem it before then.
- By taking advantage of this offer, you authorize annual recurring charges to any card on file for your Sam’s Club membership fee. So be sure to cancel your membership before it comes up for renewal if you do not want to renew it.
What to buy with your new membership
Once you sign up, you’ll have $45 burning a hole in your pocket. How should you spend that cash? We have some tips in our story “The 13 Best Things to Buy at Warehouse Stores.”
Just remember not to purchase bulk amounts of spices. As we have noted:
“Price-wise, they look like a fantastic deal when compared with the small containers in the supermarket. But unless you’re feeding an army, you’re not going to use up those spices before they lose their flavor.”
For more, check out “19 Purchases You Should Avoid at Warehouse Clubs.”
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.