This post comes from partner site WhistleOut.com.
Yes, we like deals, but we love freebies even more. Sign up for either AT&T’s Prepaid unlimited data plan or 6GB plan, and you’ll get two months of free cellphone service.
How it works
Beginning July 14, activate a new line of prepaid AT&T service on either the unlimited data plan or 6GB data plan, and you’ll receive account credit for the third and 12th months. To receive the full two months credit, you’ll need to stay on the plan for a year. Both plans include unlimited talk and text, including service in Mexico and Canada. Plus, there are no activation fees which can save you $20-$30 per line.
- No bill-shock: Since you pay for your service upfront, you don’t have to worry about data overage charges or other extra fees sneaking on to your monthly bill.
- No contracts: There’s no binding contracts — switch anytime, pay as you go.
- No credit check required: You don’t need to have good credit to get a great prepaid plan.
AT&T Prepaid: cheaper but not the cheapest
AT&T’s prepaid cellphone plans may be less expensive than its postpaid offerings, but they’re not cheaper than most MVNO cellphone plans — not by a long shot. (MVNO stands for “mobile virtual network operators.”) Choose one of these smaller carriers, and you’re likely to get more cellphone data at a lower price, without compromising quality since the MVNOs piggyback on the major carriers’ networks.
Compare and save
More from WhistleOut:
- “Who Has the Best Coverage?”
- “John Oliver Wants You to Save Net Neutrality”
- “How Do I Sign Up for an MVNO?”
Are you shopping for a new cellphone plan? Share your experience in comments below or on our Facebook page.
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.