Imagine the internet coming to life. Instead of words on a screen, it’s a three-dimensional world. You don’t read it or watch it. You step into it. You become an avatar — a three-dimensional graphical representation of yourself — and interact with others in a virtual world.
That’s the metaverse, and it may be coming sooner than you think.
If you’ve used a virtual reality headset to play a game, you’ve experienced some of what the metaverse has to offer. It’s a three-dimensional experience. You can look in any direction; you’re not watching a game, you’re inside the game.
Now imagine extending that virtual reality experience into non-gaming situations: Shopping at a mall. Meeting with clients or customers. Hanging out with friends and family. Going to a concert, bar or baseball game. Sitting across the desk from me while I do my podcast.
In short, the metaverse is a convergence of our physical and digital lives.
Want to know more? Good, because that’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about. We’re going to talk about this upcoming leap in technology that may rival cellphones and the internet in terms of its impact on the world. More important, we’ll talk about ways you can profit from what’s ahead.
Sit back, relax and listen to this week’s “Money!” podcast:
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or, if you’re like me, riding your bicycle.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
Want more information? Check out these resources:
- Washington Post: The metaverse is the future of our reality
- Bloomberg (video): Step Into the Metaverse
- Washington Post: The ‘Metaverse’ is growing. And now you can directly invest in it.
- MatthewBall.vc: The Metaverse Primer
- VentureBeat: The Metaverse ETF will let you invest in stocks that are the internet’s future
- Washington Post: Silicon Valley is racing to build the next version of the Internet. Fortnite might get there first.
- U.S. News & World Report: The 7 Best Metaverse Stocks to Buy
- Forbes: Making Money In The Metaverse
- Subscribe to the Money Talks News newsletter
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You'll Ever Need
- Take our course Money Made Simple
- Miranda Marquit’s website