If you made a New Year’s resolution to put more money away this year, join the club.
In a recent Fidelity survey, nearly half of those creating financial resolutions this year included “saving more” as one of their goals.
But now that the first of the year is fading fast, your enthusiasm to meet those 2022 savings goals may be fading with it.
That’s why we’re here now: to rekindle your motivation with tips and tricks to help you get back on track and meet your goals.
Unless you earn more than you can spend, saving money isn’t easy. But there are tried and true techniques that can help. For example, automating your savings. That’s been proven to radically increase the amount you put away.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
That’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about. We’re going to talk about ways to put more money aside, including proven psychological techniques to fool ourselves into saving. We’ll also try to add a little inspiration to that information.
Sit back, relax and listen to this week’s “Money!” podcast:
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or, if you’re like me, riding your bicycle.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
Want more information? Check out these resources:
- Why It May Be Extra Hard for You to Save Money This Year
- How to Build Your Savings In 3 Easy Steps
- 7 Proven Ways to Supercharge Your Savings Today
- 7 Ways to Trick Yourself Into Saving Money
- 15 Golden Rules for Saving on Every Purchase
- Dave Ramsey: How to Save Money: 22 Simple Tips
- NerdWallet: How to Save Money: 17 Proven Ways
- U.S. News & World Report: 20 Creative Ways to Save
- GOBankingRates: 16 Effective Tips and Tricks To Help You Save Money In 2022
- Money.com: How to Trick Yourself Into Saving More Money
- Financial Health Network: From Theory to Practice: 5 Tactics for Savings Engagement
- CNBC: Automating your savings will help you save more—here’s the psychological reason why
- Stacy’s stock portfolio
- Subscribe to the Money Talks News newsletter
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You'll Ever Need
- Take our course Money Made Simple
- Miranda Marquit’s website