Mother’s Day is this Sunday — May 13. But if you forgot to buy a gift or make brunch plans, you still have time enough to fix that.
Then, check out the free food you’ll find for Mom — and in some cases, yourself or anyone else — at the restaurants mentioned below this weekend.
As always, call ahead to your nearest location to confirm it’s participating in these offers.
1. Free mimosas
Wherever you go this weekend, if mimosas are on the menu, you can enjoy one for free or at a very low cost via the cash-back app Ibotta. Basically, you use the app to upload a photo of your mimosa receipt, and Ibotta will give you up to $5 cash back.
Ibotta tells Money Talks News that anyone in the U.S. with a smartphone can redeem this offer.
Start by downloading the app, which is free. Then, open the “Restaurants and Bars” category, tap the “Mimosas for Moms” reward and upload your receipt photo.
To learn more about Ibotta, check out “This App Just Made It Easier to Track Your Cash Rebates.”
2. Free meals and desserts
Now for the meat of the matter:
- Hooters: Moms get a free entree from a special menu with the purchase of a drink on Sunday.
- LaMar’s Donuts: Moms get a free small coffee and red velvet cake doughnut (or a free nonspecialty doughnut of their choice) on Sunday.
- Long John Silver’s: Get a free Variety Platter with the purchase of one platter now through Sunday with coupon.
- Shoney’s: Dine in with mom on Sunday, and she will get a free slice of strawberry pie.
- TCBY: Moms get free frozen yogurt on Sunday.
- The Spaghetti Warehouse: Moms who visit on Sunday will receive the gift of a free 15-Layer Lasagne entree that is redeemable on their next visit.
- Wienerschnitzel: Moms get a free chili dog, small fries and small soda on Sunday.
3. Gift card freebies
If you spend $75 on gift cards from Red Lobster, the restaurant chain will give you two big coupons for free. Both coupons are good for either a free appetizer or $10 off the purchase of two adult dinner entrees.
One coupon is redeemable starting in July and the other in August. For more details, visit Red Lobster’s gift card webpage.
To learn about similar offers from other chains, check out “16 Restaurants Giving Away Free Gift Cards This Spring.”
Do you plan to take advantage of any deals this Mother’s Day weekend? Let us know which ones — comment below or over on our Facebook page.