Photo (cc) by Victor1558
Your resume rocks, your cover letter charms, and now you’ve got the interview. The question is now: Can you act?
It’s not that you have to fake it – it’s that you have a very limited amount of time to show you’re a good fit.
Forbes recently reported on a Universum poll that identified the five traits employers want most. And Kathy Harris of the executive search firm Harris Allied says the top three “can be evaluated by a recruiter or hiring manager within the first 30 seconds of meeting a candidate.”
Here’s what they are, and what you need to do…
- Professionalism (86 percent): Dress well, and walk in ready to shake hands.
- High-energy (78 percent): Don’t forget your coffee. Smile, be alert, and be enthusiastic.
- Confidence (61 percent): Do your homework and know what the company wants.
- Self-monitoring (58 percent): Share anecdotes about how you got important things done without being prodded.
- Intellectual curiosity (57 percent): Show interest in learning new things and ask questions.
Need help with the other stuff? Check the links below.