Many businesses are offering special discounts or freebies to educators as a way to celebrate teachers and thank them for their hard work.
In celebration of educators, here are eight special discounts or freebie offers exclusively for teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week — May 8-12:
- Cicis: Teachers and administrative staff who bring a valid school ID to participating Cicis restaurants on May 9 can score a free adult buffet.
- Scholastic: Scholastic is celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week by giving teachers 100 free printables — including bulletin board ideas, writing resources and graphic organizers — and five free printable posters for the classroom.
- Barnes & Noble: Teachers who are members of the bookstore’s educators program can get 20 percent off the publisher’s list price on select items that Barnes & Noble considers suitable for use in the classroom, including most hardcover and paperback books, toys and games. Educators can also score 25 percent off the publisher’s list price during Barnes & Noble-designated “Educator Appreciation Days.”
- Aerosoles: Educators can score 15 percent off any footwear item priced $39.99 or higher by showing their school ID or a pay stub.
- PDQ: Teachers and nurses will receive 50 percent off their check at the fast casual restaurant chain on May 9.
- J.Crew: Grab your valid school ID and head to J.Crew, where teachers (and college students) enjoy a 15 percent discount at checkout year-round.
- Banana Republic: Teachers (and college students) can get 15 percent off their full-priced in-store purchases year-round with a valid teacher (or student) ID.
- Anne Taylor Loft: If you sign up for the Loft Loves Teachers program, you can enjoy 15 percent off every Loft full-price purchase. The retailer also shows its appreciation for educators by offering exclusive sweepstakes and teacher appreciation nights.
Your teacher or faculty ID card is required for most of the teacher appreciation deals, so make sure you have it handy.
Are you a teacher? What’s your favorite part of the job? Share your thoughts below or on Facebook.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.