Chances are you have a retirement savings gap — most Americans have saved less than $25,000.
Maybe you want to add a part-time gig to your day job to bring in extra income to help you close that gap — or to pay down debt.
Perhaps you need a part-time job to complement another part-time job to make ends meet, as more than 1 million Americans currently do, Bloomberg Business recently reported:
The share of the employed population working multiple part-time jobs for full-time hours has been rising for 11 of the past 12 years, reaching 0.78 percent in 2014, a record in two decades of data.
Fortunately, well-paying part-time work does exist. For example, CBS News has compiled the following list, calling these jobs “some of the most lucrative part-time jobs that also offer flexible hours.”
The website notes that earnings vary significantly based on experience, geographic location, demand and other factors.
- Pay: $10 to $75/hour
- Requirements: Training ($250-$600), ServSafe certification ($40), uniform and bar kit (about $50 together)
- Pay: $20 to $30/hour
- Requirements: Experience (varies depending on the position)
- Pay: $15 to $30/hour
- Requirements: reliable vehicle, smartphone, passing a background check
Special events worker
- Pay: $12 to $15/hour (up to $20/hour for onsite managers)
- Requirements: Vary
- Pay: $13 to $18/hour
- Requirements: CPR and first-aid training, passing background check and drug test
- Pay: $20 to $150/hour
- Requirements: Web design skills
- Pay: $15 to $75/hour
- Requirements: Love of dogs, possibly licensing and/or bonding, insurance
- Pay: $15 to $200/hour
- Requirements: Ability to tutor children or adults in specific subjects
- Pay: $150 to $300/hour
- What you need: Master of business administration from a top-tier business school and/or specialized expertise
For more options, check out “The 10 Best Part-Time (or Temp) Jobs.”
Like this story? SHARE it with your friends on Facebook.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.