Amazon’s annual Prime Day sale might be over, but there is at least one noteworthy deal lingering on Amazon.
How does $5 off a $15 book purchase sound? That’s a savings of up to 33 percent — on physical books.
Amazon is offering a promo code — “PRIMEBOOKS17” — good for $5 off book purchases of more than $15. It’s valid until 11:59 p.m. PT Wednesday, July 12.
A dollar-off coupon or promo code for physical books like this is a rare deal. You can find discounted and even free e-books any day of the year, but I can’t remember the last time I saw a physical-book coupon like this one offered by any retailer.
Needless to say, I’ll be using Amazon’s promo code to buy some of the books on my Amazon wish list.
A few book recommendations from us
Not sure what to buy? Perhaps you can use the coupon to purchase a book that will sharpen your investing skills. We recommend these classics in “9 Tips Beginning Investors Must Know“:
- “The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns” by John C. Bogle
- “A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing Paperback” by Burton G. Malkiel
- “The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing” by Benjamin Graham
If you’re not in the mood for a financial book, consider “The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined” by Steven Pinker. Microsoft co-founder-turned-philanthropist Bill Gates recently recommended the nonfiction work on his blog, calling it “the most inspiring book I have ever read.”
How to redeem the promo code
Now for some fine print you’ll want to note when redeeming the Amazon promo code:
- You must enter promo code PRIMEBOOKS17 at checkout.
- The offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com in the U.S. Such products will have the words “sold by Amazon.com” on the product detail page.
- The offer does not apply to digital content.
- The items to which you want to apply the promo code must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
For more ways to save on books, check out “6 Ways to Avoid Paying Full Price at Barnes & Noble.”
What’s your favorite way to save money on physical books? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.