If you think it’s impossible for a hotel to be both luxurious and affordable, think again.
According to Hotels.com, hotel prices are on the rise. In fact, the most recent Hotels.com Hotel Price Index said that during the first half of this year, the most expensive luxury hotels Americans paid for, costing upward of $500 per night, were in Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro and Boston.
But despite those sky-high costs, American travelers can still find five-star hotels at value prices in premier tourist hot spots around the world.
“Explorers can visit world-renowned sites like the amazing pyramids of Egypt, the Great Wall of China, the shops of the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, or the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa all while enjoying plush accommodations for an affordable price,” said Taylor L. Cole, a travel expert for Hotels.com.
If you’re looking for comfort and luxury (five-star hotels) at a great price, Hotels.com recommends you check out these cities abroad:
- Warsaw, Poland. Averaging $130 per night for a five-star hotel, Warsaw boasts world-class restaurants, plus palaces, castles, grand parks and museums of culture and science, TravelPulse.com said.
- Pisa, Italy. In addition to the Leaning Tower, a number of museums and exquisite restaurants await you in Pisa. And five-star luxury averages just $172 per night.
- Cairo. You can enjoy the Giza pyramids and Saqqara pyramid complex, the Al-Tannoura dance performance and a diversity of restaurants, TravelPulse.com said. Plus, stay at a luxurious hotel for only $175 per night.
- Mumbai, India. Enjoy five-star luxury in Mumbai for just $176 per night. Plus, according to TravelPulse.com, India’s commercial capital features attractions aplenty, including temples, the Bandra-Worli Sea Link bridge and a plethora of delicious (and inexpensive) restaurants.
- Delhi, India. “As one of the world’s most bustling cities, it’s a center for commerce, entertainment, fashion and the arts,” TravelPulse said. A luxurious hotel room averages about $179 per night.
You can also find five-star hotels on the cheap in Bangkok ($186), Budapest, Hungary, ($199), Brussels ($205), Beijing ($209) and Istanbul ($210).
Did you know you could stay in five-star luxury abroad for under $200? Share your thoughts below or on our Facebook page.